Wednesday 3 July 2024

Patrick Brothers | End Of Season Q&A #13 | 14.06.2024

Player-coach Patrick Brothers reflects on the 2023-24 season.


DK: How much did it mean to you to win the league, and still playing a big part in it despite injuries?

PB: Obviously it was an unbelievable feeling to win the league and to do it with the quality group of lads and staff we have here makes it even better. I have enjoyed my time being a coach of sorts and appreciate Tom and Kev letting me take on such a role but if I’m honest I would of given anything to be part of that playing squad throughout and contributing on the pitch rather than off it.

DK: What moments stand out to you from the season? 

PB: Has to be the moment when that final whistle went at home to Royston. I think it took a few moments for the bench and the players on the pitch to realise what had just happened, and then it hit, step 3 title, what an achievement.

DK: Who was your player of the season?

PB: Very Generic comment this but let’s be fair, you could argue that any player out of the 14/15 could of claimed that accolade, but for me one always stands out, and that’s the skipper. The best CB at step 3 and most likely step 2, and seems to be in 3rd gear majority of the time haha.

DK: How pleased are you to be staying with the club, having had a fairly successful few seasons with us?

PB: Very happy and what’s more pleasing is that the club have kept the core of the squad together, which in my opinion is massive going into next season. Obviously success helps any changing room but keeping the right players at the club makes it much enjoyable.

DK: How much are you relishing the new season, and do you have any aims for it?

PB: Can’t wait, new level, new league and new stadiums to visit but My focus and aim right now is to try and get myself ready for the new season in regards to my fitness. I can’t get ahead of myself but naturally I want to be in squad for the first game of season. As a team I think we must go into the new league confident and aim for a top half finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...