Friday 5 July 2024

Ben Hunter | NMFC New Signing Interview | 05.07.2024 |

New Signing midfielder Ben Hunter talks about joining the Marketmen and reflects on his career so far.


DK: Welcome to the club, first of all can you tell us a bit about how it came about?

BH: Thank you, I first heard that there was a bit of interest towards the back end of last season then once the season finished I received some contact and went from there.

DK: How would you describe yourself as a player/what can fans expect from you?

BH: I would say I am a box to box midfielder who enjoys both defending and attacking, I will always give 100% and a team player.

DK: Why did you want to sign for us?

BH: First of all, I have heard what a good club it is from everyone around the local area, also going to be good to test myself at a level that I haven’t played before.

DK: What aims do you have with the club?

BH: Think it’s always difficult to say going into a new league but I guess trying to finish as high up the league table as physically possible. On a personal level it will be to play as many games as possible and hopefully make a positive impact on the team.

DK: How much of the club/players/coaches etc did you know before joining?

BH: I am close friends with a couple of the lads here already so that’s always good when signing for a new club, I have also heard from them what a good club it is so have always heard positive things about Needham.

DK: What are your first impressions with the club?

BH: I have only had a couple of session here so far but it’s been good, the set up is really good, all the lads have been welcoming and the sessions have been good so can’t complain!

DK: What was it like playing against us last season, to now signing for us?

BH: Wasn’t nice to play on either occasion even though we got a positive result first time round! Needham were well organised and had a structure to there play which was very difficult to break down. It’s going to be a lot nicer playing with than playing against haha.

DK: Can you give us an insight into your career so far (clubs, achievements?

BH: I was part of the AFC Sudbury academy when I left school and made my first team debut at 17, went on to play over 100 games and then stepped up to Leiston, that didn’t work out at all then after a loan at Stowmarket I ended up back at Sudbury. We then got promoted from step 4 then stayed up in step 3 last year so a pretty successful couple of seasons!

DK: What's the best ground you've played at and why?

BH: If your talking about professional ground then it would have to be Colchester United, wish I had played at Portman Road as an Ipswich fan! In non league I would have to say Telford last year, for the level that was top class.

DK: Who's the best player played with and against and why?

BH: 2 really hard questions ! There was a lot of good players I played against last season but wouldn’t know there names! Also played with so many good players but if I was to single out a couple of the more successful ones it would be Josh Stokes, now at Bristol City, Liam Bennett. Now at Cambridge, but there is so many more I could say!

DK: What's your biggest highlight in football so far and why?

BH: Biggest highlight would be promotion with Sudbury the season before last, I had been stuck in that league with Sudbury for so many seasons so was nice to finally get out of it!

DK: How excited are you to experience a new level at a new club?

BH: I'm really excited to step up to a new level as I’ve always wanted to play as high as possible, also nice to do it at a new club where I'm hoping to help add something to an already close group with some really good players.

DK: What inspired you to be a footballer and why?

BH: I’d have to say my dad and my grandad are the ones that have inspired me to play football, they both played professionally so it’s always been in my family and didn’t have any other choice haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...