Saturday 22 June 2024

Luke Ingram | End Of Season Q&A #10 | 22.05.2024 |

Forward Luke Ingram recaps a memorable season.


DK: How do you reflect on the season overall?

LI: We’ve had some great seasons at Needham, but this one tops the lot, FA cup run, running York close, and winning the league, doesn’t get any better does it?

DK: Last season the aim was to have a better league campaign, so you must be pleased to have achieved it - in some style?

LI: Yeah of course, we’ve completed the cup runs and Suffolk cup, so was always important to have a league campaign with something to show for it. I’ve got a lovely golden medal now.







DK: How do you reflect on the season from a personal perspective?

LI: Probably not my greatest season numbers wise. But who cares, had good games had crap games. Wouldn’t change a thing as long as the team is successful.

DK: What was your favourite goal that you scored this season and why?

LI: Probably the one away at Telford, flew off my left foot swinger into the top corner at a lovely ground in front of a big crowd. Most euphoric feeling you can ever feel really!

DK: Do any other moments stand out to you from the season, if so what and why?

LI: Just winning the league at home and out on the town with the lads, those memories will stay with me forever. It’s been a season full of memories so it’s hard to pick just a few. Been an amazing year. 

DK: Has it sunk in yet, doing the double?

LI: Yeah it’s sunk in now, we’ve had our awards evening, that’s that done and dusted. Looking forward to putting Needham on the northern map and making it 5 Suffolk cups in a row now. 

DK: What's the overriding emotion you feel when you reflect on winning the league, and why?

LI: Probably pride. I’m proud to have achieved the best thing in Suffolk non league, and even prouder it’s with many of my friends. It really makes staying at the club all this time worthwhile. 

DK: Who was your player of season and why?

LI: Morphs got my vote for probably the 10th season running. It’s a scandal he’s still at needham, by far the best defender the county’s seen. Others ran him close this year, but he got my vote to nobody’s surprise


DK: An incredible FA Cup run, must top off the season?

LI: Of course the FA Cup was great, was a shame they scored a lucky goal at the end because I fancied us to go even further! Another feather in the 2023/24 cap for sure. 

DK: You're within half a dozen goals of taking over the record, how special would that be to achieve that next season?

LI: To be honest I always used to see club top scorer and top app holder in the programmes that used to be in the changing rooms back in the day, and always wanted to take them both, so would be incredible to take over a legend like sam Newson. Nobody will care or remember in 10 years time. But I’ll treasure it forever!

DK: It must make it more special having achieved it as a really close knit squad?

LI: For sure mate, I have so much time for all the lads here now, I genuinely look forward to the coach trips and a Five Guys after!

DK: When did you start to really believe that we were going to win the league?

LI: Soon as Mickleover lost them points when Nuneaton folded, I knew we was going to do it!


DK: How much did this season surpass your expectations?

LI: Play offs and a cup run is what I hope for but didn’t expect to happen. Wow was I wrong. This is the best season of my career and will never forget it. 

DK: Having been at the club the last time we got promoted, does it feel even more special and does anything feel different to back then?

LI: It’s definitely special. Taking the club from the Ryman north to the national league. Didn’t seem possible, massive clubs are begging to get out of that league! … and it’s different, last time I was the young lad looking up to the older lads for guidance. Now I’m the older guy helping the younger lads, funny old game football and the cycle, but I’m loving it as much as I did back then

DK: How will you prepare for next season?

LI: I’m getting married, and multiple holidays. So please don’t judge me until the end of pre season! I’ll prepare the same way I always do, hopefully it works again!!

DK: What are your aims and targets for next season?

LI: Get some wins in the national league north and see where it takes us, cups we will have to see about as we will be travelling up and down the county. Hopefully they fall on home games and not away ones! … but just a solid start to the league and see where it takes us. Imagine sneaking into the play offs...



No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...