Wednesday 19 June 2024

Adam Mills | End Of Season Q&A #9 | 22.05.2024 |

Winger Adam Mills reflects on the club's historic season. 


DK: How do you reflect on the season, since rejoining us?

AM: It's been so good since rejoining! Obviously I knew Kev, Tom and majority of the lads but the lads I didn’t really know made it welcoming, coming into a squad that's doing so well being top of the league is always tough for anyone.

DK: Can you put into words how it feels to have won the league?

AM: At the time I couldn’t really put into words haha! It felt unreal winning the league! Was only back 3/4 months but yeah it felt good, obviously we won the league to get to step 3 and now step 2 yeah that's unreal.


DK: Similarly does this time feel more special than last time we got promoted, if so why?

AM: Errrr yeah I'd say this time is special, the first time I was 17 just a kid so didn’t really know what to do! But this time now being 27 with a lot of close mates in the team yeah that feels better!!


DK: What moments stand out to you from the season? 

AM: How the boys react to a bad result! First game back think we lost? Then went on a run and picked up points when we needed too! Like when we won it! We needed to win and Mickleover needed to lose, our game went 1-1 then everyone just stepped it up another gear to make sure we done our part, ooo and the goal against Sudbury….

DK: What aims and targets do you have for next season?

AM: Just to enjoy it really with all the boys, obviously the travelling is ridiculous but it is what it is, gonna be good to be in a different league, different grounds not knowing much about teams its gonna feel good! For my self personally assists, goals, doing my bit for the team and helping to team!





DK: How much are you relishing returning to step 2 football, this time with the club?

AM: I can't wait for it!! I feel the lads are looking forward to it a lot as like I said its a completely different league and I feel we will do well, the squad is strong! The boys do their bit for everyone and stick together so I am confident in us! Look forward to see where we will be next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...