Wednesday 31 May 2023

JACOB LAY | END OF SEASON Q&A | 01.05.2023 |

With the season now concluded, I spoke to winger Jacob Lay to get his thoughts on his first season with Needham Market. 



DK: How do you feel the season has gone from both a personal and team view point?

JL: The season has been a frustrating one both for me personally and a team point of view because we are capable of a lot more. The levels are definitely different and I’ve had time to adapt now to the faster tempo, I want and need to score more goals as I feel I create alot of chances for myself so to score goals more consistently will be something I will be working on. 

DK: How did it feel jumping from step 6 with Wanderers to playing step 3 with Needham, and finishing as our second joint top scorer?

JL: When I saw I was playing against Needham it was a game I felt I could show case my talents and was also good getting a goal. Scoring goals for Needham leaves a good feeling but like I said I want to and will score more next season. 

DK: How did it feel being a key part, and scoring, in the FA Cup run this season? 

JL: The FA cup run was magical it was amazing to be part of and score a few goals in as well it’s something I will remember forever. 

DK: How do you reflect on the league season overall?

JL: The league campaign was frustrating to start so well and be up there, showing what we can do against higher league teams and throughout the season we have always performed against the bigger teams we just need to be a lot more consistent. I believe this will happen next season and we will do well. 

DK: What did you make of Friday's Suffolk Premier Cup final? Did you feel nervous at all watching the shootout unfold, and where were you in the list for taking a penalty?

JL: It’s always great being part of finals and it was a great game for the naturals I’m just happy we got the trophy and play my part. It was nerve racking watching the shootout I was going to take the next penalty after Seth, it didn’t come to that he finished the job brilliant for my relief.  

DK: What are your 3 standout moments from this season?

JL: 3 stand out moments will have to be the FA Cup run, the Premier Cup win and scoring goals for this club. 

DK: What targets do you have for next season?

JL: Next season I want to score more goals and be in the mix for the play offs that’s my aim I’m sure it will be the clubs as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...