Saturday 18 June 2022

TOM FITZGERALD | NEEDHAM MARKET END OF SEASON Q+A 2021-22 | 8

Next up in the Needham Market End Of 2021-22 series, midfielder Tom Fitzgerald reflects on a "very positive" campaign from his personal perspective. 




1. Now the season is complete, how do you feel the season went overall for the team?

TF: For the team I think the season was a very positive one. Despite not making the playoffs and only finishing mid table, the fa trophy run along with winning the Suffolk cup was a great achievement.

2. How did the season fare for you personally?

TF: Personally I would also say it’s been very positive. I feel I’ve improved as a player and am now a more important member of the squad. My injuries have held me back a bit but it has still been good.

3. Looking back at the FA Trophy run now, how do you reflect on it? Can you pick a standout moment?

TF: The fa trophy run was unbelievable and something I’m really proud to be apart of. The highlight would have to be the away win at Yeovil and Marco’s heroics.

4. Do you remember much about what was going through your mind during that specific moment?

TF: Watching from the sideline, I remember being extremely nervous but also felt very confident that we would win.

5. Any point in either the cup run or season in general you knew something special could be round the corner?

TF: There were a few moments across the league season that I thought we were going to gather some real momentum but it never quite happened. For me the fa trophy was completely unexpected.

6. Looking at league season how do you summarise it?

TF: Disappointing. We could have done so much more but for whatever reason it never quite materialised.


7. Are there any league games that stand out to you?

TF: The howler I had away at Royston was pretty memorable. Stratford away was another memorable game, for the right reasons. There was a lot of late drama and some great goals.

8. Best personal and or team performance in a game this season?

TF: Personally, I think my best game and the best team performance was against Wealdstone in the fa trophy. We completely dominated them in the first half and definitely deserved the win in the end.

9. Your player of the season and why?

TF: For me it’s between Ingers and Marco. Both were exceptional. Luke’s goals and work rate from the first game to the last was admirable. Marco had all our big moments and stepped up when it mattered - every time.

10. If you could relive any full game from this season, which one would you pick and why?

TF: For myself it would be Wealdstone, because it was our first big test in the fa trophy and I feel I had a really strong game. Beating them at Bloomfields was superb.

11. Are there any other moments from the season standout to you?

TF: Marco’s moment against Yeovil. The team were brilliant throughout that match but Marco’s saves and penalty were very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...