Monday 20 June 2022

TAYLOR CLARK | END OF SEASON NMFC 2021-22 Q+A | 9

The inaugural Needham Market F.C. Young Player Of Year award winner, Taylor Clark reflects on his first season involved with the first team.


Taylor Clark scoring his maiden First Team goal at St Ives


1. Now the season is complete, how do you feel the season went overall for the team?


TC: Overall the season was good, obviously with FA trophy run and then winning the Suffolk cup. Our League campaign was off from where we want to be but still some positives to take from it.


2. How did the season fare for you personally?


TC: Personally I really enjoyed this season, starting in the reserves and then being given an opportunity in the first team was a good feeling and I’m grateful for it.


3. Looking back at the FA Trophy run now, how do you reflect on it? Can you pick a standout moment?


TC: The trophy run was great for the club and for us players, if I could pick a moment it would probably be starting against Yeovil.


4. Do you remember much about what was going through your mind during that specific moment?


TC: When I found out I was starting it was more excitement than anything and playing in the stadium infront of the crowd was a moment I won’t forget.


5. Any point in either the cup run or season in general you knew something special could be round the corner?


TC: After we built some momentum in the home games beating Dartford and Wealdstone there was an injection of confidence within the squad.


6. Looking at league season how do you summarise it?


TC: The league results wise was off the standards we set, but still some positives to take from it to build into this coming season.



7. Are there any league games that stand out to you?


TC: Alverchurch away was a standout game, coming from behind to win it was class.


8. Best personal and or team performance in a game this season?


TC: St Ives away personally was one of my best performances, coming on to impact the game and to pick up my first senior goal was nice.


9. Your player of the season and why?


TC: It’s close as there are a few but I went for Keiran because of his leadership and giving 100% every week.


10. If you could relive any full game from this season, which one would you pick and why?


TC: Wealdstone was a game I’d like to relive, the home crowd and playing infront of friends and family was nice.


11. Are there any other moments from the season standout to you?


TC: I’d say my first league start against Peterborough Sports was a standout moment to me.


12. Can you describe how it felt to be the first player to win the club's Young Player Of The Year award?


TC: It was a nice feeling winning the award, I’m grateful that the club and management team gave me the platform to play week on week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...