Saturday 4 June 2022

CALLUM PAGE | END OF 2021-22 SEASON NMFC Q+A | 7

For the seventh Q&A I caught up with Needham Market attacking midfielder Callum Page, and discussed how returning the Ipswich Town loanee felt it went. 







1. Now the season is complete, how do you feel the season went overall for the team?

CP: The season was a bit of a rocky and bumpy one, but we all stuck together! An unreal cup run, whereas some may say we underachieved in the league, but as a whole the main thing was game by game we stuck together.

2. How did the season fare for you personally?

CP: Personally I wasn’t consistent enough for my liking, I know what I’m capable of and at times I showed it but I wanted it to be through all of the season. But there’s always room for improvement!

3. Looking back at the FA Trophy run now, how do you reflect on it? Can you pick a standout moment?

CP: Wow! What a run it was. There’s no better feeling than winning 3 games as underdogs in each. Standout moment has to be Yeovil, the penalty shootout was a heart in mouth moment for the whole thing! But what a day it was!

4. Do you remember much about what was going through your mind during that specific moment?

CP: I felt on top of the world the morale in the changing room and the mood after the game was a feeling like no other. Unreal.

5. Did it feel any different re-signing for the club on loan?

CP: It’s a place I’m familiar and comfortable at, therefore I enjoyed it loads! A great club and will always have a place in my heart, but now it’s time for me to come out of my comfort zone!

6. How does it feel to have finished as the club's joint second top scorer in the league this season?

CP: It feels good! Didn’t score anywhere near as much as I’d of liked to but I’ll take that. Started quite strong in terms of scoring and died off a bit, but it’s what I always want to do is score and help the team!

7. What's your favourite goal you personally scored this season and why?

CP: My favourite goal this season was my goal at home against Tamworth, turned the defender inside out, left foot post and in! And a 1-0 win alongside it couldnt of got any better!

8. Any point in either the cup run or season in general you knew something special could be round the corner?

CP: You could tell after we beat Wealdstone! Our mentality and mindset going into playing these teams in higher leagues than us. Was something else we was fearless!

9. Looking at the league season how do you summarise it?

CP: The cup run was great! But some may say we underachieved in the league! Still a season with lots of highs!

10. Are there any league games that stand out to you?

CP: I’m going to say Alvechurch, 2-0 down at half time and not only that we was getting played off the park! I’m wet and boggy conditions we stick together and got a goal early in the second half. And then after that all of the momentum was with us!

11. Best personal and or team performance in a game this season?

CP: Best personal performance would be for me Dartford, I feel I was a threat the whole game. Which is what I always want to be. And a team performance I would say Dartford again.. we pressed the life out of them and made sure they had no room to play! What a day!

12. Your player of the season and why?

CP: My player of the season has to be Marco.. I know his job is to stop the other team from scoring but the amount times the man has made me speechless with the saves he makes, what a guy!

13. If you could relive any full game from this season, which one would you pick and why?

CP: Yeovil, everything about it. The nerves, the adrenaline. Best day in my football career so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...