Sunday 7 April 2024

REACTION | Jacob Lay Post Match Interview | Needham Market v Royston Town | 06.04.2024 |

Other reaction from Saturday:



Midfielder Jacob Lay reflects on Saturday's win.


DK: What a day that was!!

JL: Yeah, just incredible. Still like, left speechless really. I think some of the lads were like, we're just looking at ourselves, can't believe we've actually done it really. And yeah, we're just buzzing. I think we're going to have a very good night tonight. 

DK: What did you make of the game? 

JL: Yeah, it was always going to be difficult.
We needed the points and sometimes those games become cagey. But I thought for long spells, we managed the game well and we eventually got over the line. We're just thrilled to just get it done so early as well.

DK: When you were subbed off, you're the ringleader on the bench. 

JL: Yeah, yeah. Just trying to get the boys going over the line. And yeah, well, I think it worked. So, and now we can celebrate and just so happy for me, for all the lads, for all the coaches, all the hard work. It's just amazing.

DK: What was going through your mind after we went 3-1 up?

JL: Well, some of the lads were checking the Mickleover score and they were 3-1 down. So when we went 3-1 up, that was, I think everyone was, we've done it and it was just so amazing. 

DK: How much does it mean to you personally? 

JL: Yeah so good. Like all my family were here today and some of them were in tears and so proud of everyone really. So it's just like such a good day and such a good day to be a part of. 

DK: When you eventually get out of here, how are you going to celebrate it? 

JL: All sorts, all sorts. I don't even know what we're going to do. Down to the pub, into Ipswich and see what happens. So I can't tell you where we're going to end up.
So yeah, it's going to be a heavy one. 

DK: You could end up on the other side of the country. 

JL: Yeah, probably at this rate. Yeah, the way some of the lads are going, yeah. 

DK: And we're not even done yet this season. We've got Tuesday's game still to come. So how do you get yourself back in the mindset for it? 

JL: I don't really know. I think we're just going to enjoy tonight and then when Tuesday comes, I'm sure the lads will put in some sort of performance.

DK: It's just surreal, isn't it? 

JL: It is, it is. It's just, like I said, some of the lads just can't believe we've actually done it. I think everyone must have wrote us off at the start of the season and probably wrote us off to even finish in the play-offs. So it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...