Friday 12 April 2024

REACTION | Byron Lawrence Post Match Interview | Needham Market V Stamford | 09.04.2024 |

Midfielder Byron Lawrence reflects briefly on tonight's game, as well as being crowned Champions on Saturday.

DK: Bit of a frustrating night tonight but nice to see you back out there starting a league game. 

BL: Yeah thanks Drew, I mean with us winning the league on Saturday it's a good chance for me. Kevin told me he wanted to give a few boys a run out, like so it's good for me tonight to get a get a start, and I just I love being back playing football again, so it was, as much of a frustrating night as a team, I still enjoyed myself out there it's good to be back with the team. 

DK: Yeah it must have felt nice being part of the team this season winning the title.

BL: Yeah I've loved it I mean when I came back into the squad two or three months ago I knew that there might not be lots of game time for me but I've probably got more game time than I thought I would, and I've managed to be involved with the lads so I've really enjoyed it and to come into a team that is doing so well. It's not bad, is it, it's not a bad team to come into, to end the season with a win and winning the league. It's kind of nice for me personally as well because it's been a frustrating couple years in football, so but Needham have been a part of my journey so it's nice to end of the season win the title with everyone. We'll see yeah I mean we'll see what happens in the summer but I've kind of been so focused on just seeing if my ankle can handle step three football again and I've played enough football that I think it probably can but my ankle's still not where I want it to be. I think I can get more out of it but overall I'm pleased with how I've come back into the squad, so we'll see what next year has in store - it'll be exciting for the club anyway whatever happens. 

DK: Definitely what did you enjoy most about Saturday? 

BL: Well I've never won a league title, so just winning the league I think. That was great I mean the celebrating afterwards was good fun. I mean that you could sense how happy everyone was after the game and it's like a relief and happiness. So the boys have worked so hard all season, the whole team, the whole club to get to that point, so it's just nice to see everyone smiling you know it's great! And it was nice to be a part of, whether, you know, however big or small my part was - it was just great to be involved with, it was good fun.

DK: Yeah you lot are such a close-knit team that makes it even more enjoyable. 

BL: Yeah everyone's really close this it makes it that's probably why we've gone and won the league the boys are all so close and you can see that and you can see that on Saturday night as well when we were celebrating so any team that wins the league have got to be close really you can't and the boys have stuck together the whole season and we'll stick together after today frustrating result and just enjoy the rest of the season. A few more games of the cup finals so we've just got to go and have fun and do the job properly. 

DK: Now, as you said, next up's the Premier Cup which means a lot to this club and I believe you've won it quite a lot of times as well so it'd be nice to win that again.

BL: Yeah I've won it a few times it'd be nice to win it again as a we're on a run now aren't we of should be the fourth year winning it if we do so the club will want to do that all the boys want to do that a league and cup double would be a perfect way to end the season and I'd obviously love to be involved in that as well. 

DK: Now it'll be double history if we do that first step 3 side Suffolk to win this division first side to win that cup four times on the trot that would be absolutely madness. 

BL: Yeah I mean it will be what we deserve if we get the job done because you know I haven't lost many games this season anyway and obviously the run we've had in the cup has been good so if we can just finish the job off on Tuesday and get that victory that'll be perfect and I'm sure the boys everyone will be well up for it and we'll go get the result hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...