Saturday 6 January 2024

Jake Dye | Get To Know Q&A #12 | 25.11.2023 |

Jake Dye is next in the Q&A hotseat.




Quickfire Questions:- 

Favourite Hot Drink: Has to be coffee.

Favourite Cold Drink: Fanta Orange.

Favourite Snack: Don't mind some Doritos, to be fair.

Favourite Takeaway or Dinner: If we go takeaway, I'd probably say Chinese. If we're going dinner, it has to be a Sunday roast.. 

Favourite TV Show: I'll go sit on a fence here, The Inbetweeners.

If you were in a TV Show, which one would it be?

JD: That's a good question. What would it be? I reckon one which no one really watches, because I reckon I don't have much about me. A bit boring. Something stuck on ITV Five or something.

DK: What's your favourite hobby other than football? JD: See, I used to play a bit of cricket back in the day. I didn't really enjoy it, but I was half handy at it, so probably stick that down.

DK: Batter bowler?

JD: Batter batsman. Yeah.

DK: Top order?

JD: Top order. Sundays, I opened a bat and did really enjoy it, score a little bit of runs, but I'd probably go in three or four.

DK: Do you play many video games?

JD: No, not at all. Maybe a little bit of football manager, but nothing recently.

DK: What team do you support?

JD: Liverpool.

DK: Your favourite pro player, current or all time?

JD: So I'll probably go. Two Liverpool lads go. Trent and Steven Gerrard.

DK: Favourite song or musician, if you have one?

JD: I reckon everyone says Drake, so I'm going to steer clear there.

DK: No one's actually said that, from my knowledge. No.

JD: I'll stick it down then. Drake I'll take that one.

DK: I've done about ten. I've got a few to post because we've had games called off.

JD: I'll tell you what, I'll take Drake if no one's taken it. If someone has taken it,  if you look back, I'll go Fred again.

DK: Sorry. Favourite moment in a Needham shirt so far and why? 

JD: I think York's been was pretty special. York away, great team performance. Obviously the heroics right at the end. Little header off the line. So that or Yeovil was definitely up there. What a win that was.

DK: Yeah, I think that's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. How did you manage to get that off the line?

JD: I don't know, mate. I think I'm still concussed from it, if I'm honest. It was just one of those where just instinctively just dropped back in and thankfully volleyed it straight towards my head and I'd take maybe two steps to my right and, yeah, thankfully stayed out.

DK: Any goalkeeper would be proud of that save with their hands.

JD: Yeah, absolutely. But, yeah, I don't know, but obviously it's disappointing because the home fixture, but, yeah, I think York away was a great day out.

DK: Definitely was. Do you own any sporting memorabilia? If so, what's your favourite and why?

JD: No, I don't think I do, if I'm honest. No, I don't think I do.

DK: Who would you say is the best singer in the squad?

JD: Best singer? I reckon a few of the lads think they've got a bit. I'll go Sethy Chambers.

DK: Best trainer in the squad.

JD: Keiran Morphew.

DK: Now, I've been told that one before. If you could been involved in any sporting event ever, what would it have you been? Why.

JD: Any sport? What, me, actually playing in? I'll probably say probably golf Ryder Cup.

DK: If you could swap places with anyone else in football, who would it be and why?

JD: Say one of the Liverpool players to try play games with them. That'd be pretty special for me.

DK: I'm surprised you didn't say Trent. Alexander Arnold.

JD: To be fair, yeah straight swap. Firstly, steer clear of Andy Roberston, don't play left back anymore, but, yeah, I'll stick down Trent, get in that Liverpool team!

DK: Didn't enjoy it left back, did you?

JD: To be fair, I've done alright if you look at the end of season, doo. Yeah, but I'd play anywhere, if I'm honest. Just get told where to play. Yeah, I just get on with it.

DK: You took all the awards, didn't you? Yeah, it was the Jake Dye end of season presentation. How would you describe yourself as a player?

JD: Good attitude, work extremely hard. Defensively, very sound. Now there's an attacking threat to my game. So, yeah, I wouldn't quite put all-rounder just yet, but I'm getting there. But, yeah, just burn my heart on my sleeve and committed to the cause.

DK: Gradually getting more goals.

JD: Gradually getting more goals. Yeah, more assists. They all come one by one.

DK: That's gradually rising up the list of attributes.

JD: Yeah.

DK: What's one thing you think you're personally known best for as a player and why?

JD: I think probably my one V one defending. Work hard to not get beat as much as possible, but also perhaps my engine. I think I'm up and down that pitch and knackered by the end, if I'm honest. But, yeah, either my one v, one defending or my energy, my engine to go up and down the pitch.

DK: What inspired you to be a footballer?

JD: Just had a football at my feet for a young age. Watched my dad's team Saturday afternoons, so I was always amongst football, always amongst the changing rooms. So appealed to me from a young age. And yeah. School PE, straight away I'm barking at the PE teacher, can we play football? And, yeah, Saturday, Sundays, play for teams and training two, three times a week. So, yeah, football wouldn't stop, so come at a young age, to be fair, but if we're going for an inspiration, probably my dad. Yeah.

DK: And the last one, the best player you played with and why?

JD: I'll probably still go with the best trainer, Keiran Morphew. Just because Mr Needham, he trains like he plays. Formed quite a good partnership. Right centre half, right back. Communicates to me, well, makes my life a lot easier. And I know if I'm missing the ball, he's there to sweep up behind me. So, yeah, probably Keiran Morphew. I'm glad I'm on his team, if I'm honest. Yeah, if I'm on his team, I'm fine. If I'm not, I'm making sure I'm checking my shoulder every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...