Wednesday 22 November 2023

Nico Valentine | NMFC New Signing Interview | 22.11.2023 | Ipswich Town Loanee |

New signing, on-loan from Ipswich Town, Nico Valentine discusses joining the Marketmen on loan, how it came about and his aims for his spell with the Marketmen.

DK: What do you already know about club so far, and why did you want to join? 

NV: I already know a little bit about the club because through the years I've had friends that have been involved in the setup at Needham, most recently Seth Chambers who has been proving himself and making his mark over the past couple of seasons. This has also meant that I've been down to a few games over the past couple of years including the two very good FA Cup runs the club has experienced recently and I think that is part of the reason I wanted to be involved at the club, to take the next step in my career, it's clear to see there is a good vibe around the club and a group of experienced players that all want the same thing which I think is crucial for the next step of my development into the men's game. 

DK: How have you found it training with the lads so far? 

NV: The lads and coaching staff have been great even from the minute there was even slight interest for the loan. The boys have been welcoming and just trying to make it as easy as possible for me to feel comfortable and part of the group which allows me to just focus on the football and show what I can bring to the team. It's obviously different training with players that are much older and have a lot more experience, the physicality being the main difference however I've enjoyed that part of it so far and enjoy the intensity of training and willingness to learn from all the players. 

DK: What can we expect from you, and equally want do you want to get out of this loan? 

NV: I always like to be a player that has supporters on the edge of their seat and make them believe that something could happen every time I get the ball. I would say I'm a very technical winger who likes to be direct and drive at full backs with pace with the end goal of either a shot or cross/pass to a teammate in a better position. I also have standards set within myself to make sure I give 100% effort regardless of the score line or if my performance isn't quite coming off from a technical aspect. From this loan the main goal is to just try pick up as many minutes as possible in a men's environment and take myself out of the comfort zone of academy football, I also want to try and transfer my performances from academy football over to the men's game where results matter much more and prove that I can still perform in more pressured environments. 

DK: Can you tell us a bit about how did this loan come about? 

NV: It all happened very quickly I had contact from one of the members of staff at the club that there was interest and an opportunity there for a loan and I instantly felt that this was the natural next step for my career, and loans can also be difficult with part time clubs round this area as there aren't many in a reasonable radius to go to but Needham was a perfect fit, being a local boy it's a great opportunity right on the doorstep. 

DK: You must be excited to get started, what would be the ideal start for you? 

NV: I've been itching to get started ever since the move got confirmed unfortunately picking up a slight knock in training has delayed it a little but I'm ready to hit the ground running as soon as I'm back up to speed and fully fit. A goal would obviously be the ideal start for any attacker! However also picking up as many minutes as I can and performing to a high level is just as important for me as this will leave my development in good stead for the next few months. 

DK:Has it helped having already played at Bloomfields with Ipswich this season in terms of getting used to the facilities/pitch? 

NV: Yeah definitely, I always enjoy getting the opportunity to have different experiences at Ipswich and the two games under the lights at Bloomfields have been my favourite this season so far. I've also played at Bloomfields in a couple of school finals over the years so I'm very comfortable with the facilities and pitch and hopefully I can be showing what I can do and helping the team push forward in their very impressive season to date in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...