Sunday 11 June 2023

TAYLOR CLARK | END OF SEASON Q+A | 24.05.2023

Midfielder Taylor Clark discusses the season, including scoring in the Suffolk Premier Cup Final shootout and earning a first team contract.


DK: How do you feel the season has gone from both a personal and team view point?

TC: Personally the season was quite frustrating with the injury I had, but coming back as quick as I did and getting the run of games I got, I am pleased with; as a team I think everyone would be in a agreement that the league season we had was also frustrating and below the standards we set. 

DK: How much did it mean to you to play in the Premier Cup Final again and retain the trophy? 

TC: Playing in the cup final meant a lot, it was nice to win it again having been involved in the squad last year.

DK: Can you describe what was going through your mind as you were taking the penalty in the shootout?

TC: I just picked me spot and hit it not much else was going through my head, I was confident.

DK: How did it feel being part of the squad during the FA Cup run? 

TC: The FA Cup run was special and made some amazing memories that I’ll cherish forever.

DK: How do you reflect on the league season? 

TC: The league season as I said was quite frustrating and something we will improve on next season.

DK: What are your 3 standout moments from this season overall?

TC: I'd definitely say the cup run, playing the big teams in front of a big crowd was great. I’d also say winning the premier cup again was a standout moment; lastly I’d say Bedford away as that was the first game I was back in the squad after breaking my leg. 

DK: Do any league games standout to you in particular for any reason and why? 

TC: None really jump out to me but I’d say Tamworth away was a great win.

DK: Result aside, it must have been pleasing to have also made the County Cup final with the U18s?

TC: Always nice to play in a final and a in a stadium for my last game on u18 football.

DK: What targets do you have for next season?

TC: Next season I’d like to add more goals to my game, and as a team we all know we’ve got the quality to be in in and around the playoffs.

DK: Can you put into words how pleased you are to sign a new first team contract?

TC: Great feeling to sign on for the team, can’t wait for the season to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...