Monday 12 June 2023

MIA ETHERIDGE-GOLDING | END OF SEASON Q+A | 25.05.2023

Midfielder Mia Etheridge-Golding reflects on the Women's Team's first season in the Eastern Regions Women's Premier Division and finally getting their hands on the Suffolk Women's Cup trophy.



DK: How do you feel the season has gone from both a personal and team view point?

ME: This season for the team has been a good debut season in the eastern region prem. We held our own and even was in the running for the title and took points from all the big hitters which left us with lots of confidence and we really did show the league why we are about. On a personal note I think I had my best season in a Needham kit and really enjoyed playing along side the girls. I’m full of confidence ready for next season.

DK: It's been another successful season for the team, but do any moments standout more than the rest?

ME: Stand out moments would be the early cup win against Sudbury, the 2 wins in a row against Stevenage and Luton and definitely the cup final. 

DK: Can you put into words how it felt to win the County Cup?

ME: To win the county cup final was an unreal feeling. It’s been a long time coming and a lot of us in the squad haven’t one it before so to all come together and get some well deserved silverware was amazing. This team is like a family and I think the occasion really showed that.

DK: How much did it mean to you to score in County Cup Final?

ME: To score in the cup final was special, I had a lot of family in the stands so it was nice to score in front of them especially to score the opening goal. No matter who scored I think it would have been special as the cup means so much to us.

DK: How pleasing was it to reach the first round of the FA Cup?

ME: We were happy to reach the 1st round of the FA cup. For a little club like ours to do it is amazing but I think we wanted to go even further and that will be a goal for the club for the coming season.

DK: What was it like playing at Wembley earlier this season?

ME: Wembley, what a dream come true! It’s something you dream of when you’re a kid but you never think it will become reality. Every single won of us were star struck and it’s a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my life. It’s something you can tell your kids and your grandkids when you’re older and I’m honoured to have shared it with such an amazing bunch of girls. 

DK: How do you reflect on the league season?

ME: Looking back at the season I honestly think we shocked ourselves with how well and how quickly we settled into the league and like I said earlier it’s a debut season to be proud of. We also have a lot to work on, we dropped points against teams we shouldn’t have and ultimately that cost us the league title but we learnt a lot and we can fix those mistakes in the coming season. 

DK: How much did it mean to you to get the Player Of The Year award?

ME: To get the player of the year award was an honour. I put in 100% every week and leave everything on the pitch every game but I wouldn’t be able to do it without the girls. Like I said we had such a good season there’s a number of players that deserved this award so to get recognised by the gaffer means a lot. 

DK: What targets do you have for next season, as a team and personally?

ME: As a team we definitely want to do better than this season just gone which will be very hard but we’re ready for it. We want to get further in the FA cup and we want to win the league and secure promotion. We now know we are capable of it so that’s the target. Personally I want to continue my form with the addition of more goals, more assists and to continue learning and improving. You’re only as good as your last game so this coming season I want to keep pushing myself to be the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...