Saturday 28 May 2022

KYLE HAMMOND | END OF 2021-22 SEASON NMFC Q+A

Having completed his first season with the Marketmen, I caught up with midfielder Kyle Hammond to discuss the 2021-22 season, including making over 50 appearances in one season with the club. 







1. First of all, now the season is complete, how do you feel the season went overall? 

KH: Thought the season went fairly well overall if you said at the start of the season we would win the Suffolk cup and get to quarters of FA Trophy I’d have taken it although we just didn’t get started in the league and never really got a run of wins which is why we ended up mid table in the league.  

2. How did the season fare in terms of personal and team targets?

KH: Personally I thought the season was a good one for myself I think I only missed 3 games and played consistently well throughout. As a team we wanted to retain the cup which we did, but in the league we wanted to get into playoffs which we didn’t.     

3. Looking back at the FA Trophy run now, how do you reflect on it? Can you pick a standout moment?

KH: The trophy run was a great experience for us boys I think especially for the younger lads to play the teams we did and beat them then lose to the national league champions in the end. The shootout at Yeovil stands out with the big man saving us 3 times then scoring. That feeling was amazing!

4. Any point in either cup run or season in general you knew something special could be round the corner?

KH: While we were getting further into the trophy run I genuinely thought we were going to go all the way tbh just thought we had in us how the run went but in the end Stockport showed us a different kinda level and it was such an eye opener playing against them.

5. Must have been nice to win the Suffolk Premier Cup for second straight season, what did you make of the game itself and the shootout? 

KH: Yeah was nice to win the cup always nice to end the season winning the Suffolk cup. But the game was absolutely terrible and the pens weren’t much better for myself haha. I felt sorry for anyone who sat and watched the game that evening. 

6. It must also be a nice feeling to make 50 appearances for the club in your first season?

KH: Yeah was nice, I think I played every game I could which must mean I’m doing something rightšŸ¤£!

7. If you had to pick a goal of the season, not scored by you, which one would you pick and why?

KH: Luke Ingram against Royston absolutely unbelievable chip on the bounce!

8. Looking at league season how do you summarise it?

KH: Season was just inconsistent from us never got a run of games going and didn’t win our first game till October I think which was frustrating for us all.

9. Best game from team perspective?

KH: Other than Yeovil like I’ve mentioned I think the dartford game was our best team performance of the season. Everyone of us were excellent.

10. Your player of the season and why?

KH: Marco the cat garnham. Who else could it be?! Been unbelievable for us and saved us in games so many times this season.

(C) ©️ Needham Market F.C./Drew Kendall 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...