Friday, 18 September 2026

YOUNG MARKETMEN COMFORTABLY PROGRESS IN FA YOUTH CUP

The Under-18s progressed to the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Youth Cup with a fantastic 4-0 victory away to Dereham Town on Thursday night.

The young Marketmen will face a trip to Braintree Town in the next round, after a brace from Henry Vieira and goals from Josh Tennial and Fin Brock booked Luke Betts' side a spot in Friday's draw. 

Double goalscorer Henry Vieira commented, "Yes I’m buzzing with the win. Very glad to be in the next round and see how far we can get. 

"In terms of performance I thought we played well. The energy was very high from the start, which really pushed our performance. 

"Very happy to score 2 goals. Especially after being out for about a month I was desperate to get back."  

"For the first goal, it happened so quick I didn’t really have time to think. I just saw Kyle lift his back foot up so I started running towards the goal and was thankfully there for the rebound."  

Previewing Saturday's Suffolk Senior Cup trip to Brandon Town, "I think it’s going to be a tough game. Very physical but I think if we play how we did last night we can deal with that." 

Defender Tyler Wright said, "Yes the win was great I think we was very excited for it in training it was much better and very fast paced we knew we had to be on our top game and we was it was really good. 

"The victory was amazing after that performance we know we can go do special things and it’s a very good squad we have. Playing in the Youth Cup is a privilege and to do it 3 times is just brilliant for me. 

"The season has been okay reserves haven’t went as we planned struggling to play with the men’s were starting to know what we need to do."

On making his First Team debut on Tuesday, Wright added, "playing Tuesday is a real high for my career I’ve always wanted to play for Needham first team since the day I’ve joined but to do it now feels ever better I’m very proud.

"The experience is great, they're a great group of players and I think they will do very well this year and playing in it was brilliant they eased me into the game and didn’t moan if I made a mistake it was really good."

Previewing Saturday's fixtures he added, "as I’m with the 23s I hope I can add something else to the team and hopefully we can get the win and have a good weekend all over. (On the Reserves): "Since I'm cup tied I'm with the 23s but with the squad they have I’m sure they can go win that game and I’ll be hoping to hear it there all on a real high since Thursdays game."

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOUNG MARKETMEN COMFORTABLY PROGRESS IN FA YOUTH CUP

The Under-18s progressed to the Second Qualifying Round of the FA Youth Cup with a fantastic 4-0 victory away to Dereham Town on Thursday ni...