Sunday 25 August 2024

James Coton | NM Reserves Weekly Reaction | Whittlesey Athletic (H) 24.08.2024 |

Reserves Team Goalscorer James Coton reflects on yesterday's (Saturday 24th August) draw at home to Whittlesey Athletic.


DK: What did you make of today's draw, both the team's and your personal performance?

JC: Todays draw was more than deserved as I think that me and the boys worked really hard and were unlucky not to win the game as we created lots of chances and defended well. I was also pleased with my individual performance and to get the goal to help the team get a well deserved point. 

DK: You must be pleased to have got on the score-sheet today?

JC: I am pleased to get on the score sheet today as it helped the team secure a point and has given me confidence for the following games ahead.

DK: Can you talk us through your goal?

JC: The ball fell to me just inside the box I beat a defender and put it into the bottom right corner.

DK: How do you feel the season has started for you lads so far, building some good momentum?

JC: The start of the season has not been easy for us as we are all very young and are adapting to men’s football. I think we have learned a lot over the first few games and it is nice to gain a bit of momentum having won last week and getting a well earned draw this week. 

DK: Another home game for you guys on Saturday, how do you see that?

JC: Playing at home is always nice as it gives us an advantage as we are used to the surroundings. I think Saturday will be another hard game as no game is easy but I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...