Wednesday 21 June 2023

TEVAN ALLEN | NEW SIGNING INTERVIEW | 17.06.2023

 New signing Tevan Allen gives an insight into his career so far and signing for the club.


DK: Can you give us some background to your career so far?

TA: I started at Yeovil and made my debut in my second season, played for Bury for around 2 years. Left Bury, went to Sudbury - Was there for about a year and a half. I went back to Bury, then after a year back at Bury, I made a big change to move to Coggeshall, then went from Coggeshall to Stowmarket, and then Stowmarket to Brightlingsea about 3/4s of the way through last season, and here we are now!

DK: Any key achievements from your career?

TA: I would say playing against, away at, Billericay when they had ex-pros like Konchesky, so that's one, being captain for like a season and a half at Coggeshall and lastly probably when I was a bit younger at Sudbury playing in the Suffolk FA Youth Cup Final at Portman Road and playing in that stadium was a great experience! I've won the Suffolk Cup with Bury before. I have had two playoffs in the last two years, obviously fell at the Semi Final with Stow. 

DK: Nice one, you've got over 350 non league apps, so you're quite experienced!

TA: I would probably say that's a reason why I want to stay at step 3, I've played at step 4 but the move I made from Stowmarket towards the end of last season was a bit of a strategic move from myself, having played at step 3 for Sudbury I hadn't played there for a while. When I moved to Brightlingsea, I kind of used as kind of a marketing tool to show managers that I can play in this league, which I believe has paid of!

DK: You must've played against Needham before, so you must be pleased to now be looking forward to playing for us?

TA: Many times, one hundred percent!! I've always said that Needham was one of those teams I've wanted to play for sure, one of the big clubs in Suffolk and one of the teams I've had my eye on from last season. I had my eye on other teams, like Leiston and Sudbury, and this a club that's been in around this league that I knew I'd love to play for and knew if they came calling it was for one, nice to be recognised, and secondly it was exactly what I wanted so it fell into place when I spoke to them.

DK: How did it come about?

TA: I actually spoke to Patrick Brothers, as I know quite a lot of the lads but I actually haven't really played with them, so that's also one of the reasons. I've played with Marcus Garnham, the likes of Kyle Hammond, Keiran Morphew - who I've always respected and very good players who I've always wanted to play with in and around Suffolk and they're a bunch of plyers I haven't actually played with before! So yeah, I spoke to Patrick Brothers and it kind of went from there!

DK: Having seen the club in FA Cup, FA Trophy, that must make you hungry to be a part of?

TA: One hundred percent, any club is successful that it makes me hungry, any achievements, whether it's little achievements or big achievements. I enjoyed the game last year and the Suffolk Cup, I look forward to playing and (something) showing ambitions. I also know that what they underachieved last year, and so hopefully I can come in and add to that and help the club get to where they want to be. Get forward in cup games and get into the playoffs and try and go up as I think that's a really good target!

DK: What can the fans expect from you?

TA: What they can expect from me is a player that is very passionate, a player that's got hunger, drive, desire, a nice player off the pitch but very nasty on it, which I think is sometimes a good thing. I think they lacked that a bit last year from what I heard, so I'd liked to bring that. And as you can probably hear now I like to talk a lot, a big voice inside the dressing room, and someboy that's communicative. I haven't won many trophies, so that's something I want to do here, that drive to win a trophy!

DK: Where would you say is your favourite position?

TA: So my favourite is where I played at Brightlingsea was in the ten, behind the striker, like a box to box midfielder, but having spoken to the guys you've got Dylan, myself and Kyle Hammond and that's one of the reasons that attracted me to the club that I dont mind not playing the right position, like Kyle Hammond playing right-back. You've got Dylan Williams who can play in the 10 or the 4, or play out wide, so yeah I'm happy playing the 4, the 10 or out wide, I'm experienced enough to play in each position.

Personal Interview with Tev previously

1 comment:

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...