Wednesday 28 June 2023

REECE HARRIS | NMFC NEW SIGNING INTERVIEW | 26.06.2023 |

Reece Harris, who has played all across midfield, as a forward and left-back, talks about what fans can expect from him, his preferred playing position and how it feels to have signed for the club.


DK: Can you tell us a bit about your career so far?

RH: So I started out at Harwich (& Parkeston) when I was 16 playing at the Academy, sort of moved on that was Mark Morsley who most people will know here, moved on to stanway Rovers at a young age. I was just enjoying playing football, then moved to Heybridge Swifts that same season, and then halfway through that season moved to Braintree (Town) in the Conference South, played there for about a year and then had a couple of loan clubs to Thurrock in the Conference South. And then moved on to East Thurrock, it's just enjoying playing my football at that time, and then I got to move to Welling United in the Conference Prem and played there for two and a half seasons. I then came back to East Thurrock in the Conference South and then sort of Concor Rangers in the mix on loan and sort of along the way. I then came back down sort of the level and then dropped down and played for Sudbury for the last nearly five, years four or five years and so that's where we are from now.

DK: What can the fans expect from you?

RH: What they can expect from me is someone who works hard for the team, puts the team first. They might see someone who probably gets a little bit animated on the pitch, a little bit different off the pitch to be honest to how I am on the pitch, I just want to win so I think the fans can expect someone who's going to win, put their body on the line, play for the team, a team player and then hopefully pitch in however I'm deemed capable from the management.

DK: What are your career highlights so far?

RH: I would probably say scoring quite a few goals in the Conference Prem and then obviously winning the Trophy last year as captain at Sudbury was a career highlight. Playing at some really big stadiums on a regular basis in the Conference Prem with some good highlights, winning some trophies (including Ryman Isthmian Premier Divsion Play Off Final) with Concord Rangers, but yeah I'd probably say the main one is Sudbury last year as captain.

DK: How did signing for Needham come about?

RH: Patch Brothers, Agent Patch, contacted me on twitter, asked if I was interested and asked if I wanted to speak to Tom the assistant to just speak about the club really and the club's ambitions for the season going forwards, which I was happy to do. I've obviously known about the club for years, the fans and everyone around the club.

DK: How does it feel to have signed for the club?

RH: Yeah it was really good to be honest, like mentioned previously, I've known about the club for years and I've known Patch since I was about eight or nine, and obviously before (you sign for) any club you speak to players, players who have played for the club. I spoke to a couple of players that played historically for Needham, so I asked about obviously the setup, the fans, what the club like playing for, because as a player you need to find those things out. It's no good signing for a club without finding those stuff out if you're going to be in and around it for a long time hopefully, and literally all I heard was good stuff from everyone, so I think that speaks volumes, obviously speaking with Tom (Rothery) and the management about coming to Needham was a big thing for me, in training but yeah finding out everyrhing from our past players, players that play for the management so I was really, really impressed and it feels great to be here and hopefully we can push on and win things this season.

DK: What are your targets for the season?

RH: So personal targets, first of all, I guess it's going to vary. I spoke to management as potiential to a few different positions, if it was based on last year's, it would just be obviously to win as many games and keep as many clean sheets in terms of player wise but in terms of obviously player club. I think for me speaking with the management, last year they got success, not in the league, but in terms of where they want to go to I think for me, as a player, it would be trying to get into the playoffs, because then you've got the potential there to push on and kick on. Obviously that is a league target, I think more success, winning things would be good, FA Cup runs, so they're sort of targets personally and as a club for this season.

DK: What would you say is your best position?

RH: It's a hard one really, I've played left-back recently, enjoyed it playing there, obviously last year got into Isthmian (North) team of the year in the league below as a left back, but I'm quite experienced, I played in midfield in Number 8 in the Conference Prem, I played up front in the Conference Prem, sort of out wide in a three, left or right. My best position I would probably say is either left-back or in midfield, especially now with experience I do like playing in that midfield role and getting on the ball a little bit as well, even a bit more centrally in midfield as well. I'd probsbly say those two or a number 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...