Friday 23 June 2023

EVA HUBBARD | END OF SEASON Q+A | 02.06.2023

Defender Eva Hubbard reflects on a successful season for the women's team.



DK: How do you feel the season has gone from both a personal and team view point?

EH: From a personal point of view I’ve been relatively happy with my season. I feel I contributed lots with goals and assists and started most games. As a team I think we’ve had a good season; this is the first season for Needham in the Eastern Region Prem and to finish 3rd in the league, semi finals in the league cup and winners of the county cup sums up a good season!

DK: It's been another successful season for the team, but do any moments standout more than the rest?

EH: I think there has been lots of good moments for the team but I would say going unbeaten against Sudbury who went onto win the league was pretty special, I know it meant a lot to the girls to come out with 2 wins and a draw out of the 3 games we played as it’s always a good game when we play against them due to them being local rivals.

DK: Can you put into words how it felt to win the County Cup?

EH: The county cup win was a special moment for the team - a lot of players first time winning it so I was really pleased for the girls who had never won it before. You could really see how much it meant to them and the coaching staff.

DK: How pleasing was it to reach the first round of the FA Cup?

EH: The FA Cup run was massive for the club as this is the furthest Needham Market Womens FC have ever gotten before. Cups are always exciting games to play in and I think we did really well to get that far.

DK: What was it like playing for Wembley as a squad and personally?

EH: The Wembley occasion was something I’ll never forget. It’s every footballers dream to play there. The girls are such a social bunch so we had a great time. The result was unfortunate and could so easily have gone the other way but definitely an experience of a lifetime.

DK: How do you reflect on the league season?

EH: Like I said previously with this being Needham's first season in the premier division I think we coped really well. We had a few wobbles like most teams do and dropped a few silly points here and there, but overall a strong season which puts us in a good position for next season.

DK: What targets do you have for next season, as a team and personally?

EH: I think the main target for next season is to finish as high as possible in the league but it would be nice to do the treble (league, league cup and county cup) which I think is definitely doable!

DK: Of the goals you scored this season, do any of them stand out - and if so why?

EH: I think it would have to be the hattrick against Kings Lynn at the start of the season. I scored 1 right at the end of the first half and then 2 in the first 5 minutes of the second half to really put the game to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

REACTION | Kevin Horlock + Dan Morphew Post Match Interviews | Needham Market v St Albans City | 14.09.2024 |

Manager Manager Kevin Horlock reflects on yesterday's game. "We weren't at the races today, but I've got to say they were v...